“Scrotox” is a colloquial term that describes the use of botulinum toxin (commonly known as Botox) injections into the scrotum. The procedure aims to reduce wrinkles, provide a more relaxed appearance, and potentially enlarge the apparent size of the scrotum by allowing the testicles to hang lower.
Here are some things to note about Scrotox:
- Cosmetic Appearance: The main purpose is to reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the scrotal skin, giving it a smoother look.
- Comfort: Some men seek Scrotox to alleviate any discomfort or sticking caused by tight scrotal skin, especially in warmer conditions.
- Not FDA-Approved: While Botox is FDA-approved for various treatments, its use in the scrotum for cosmetic purposes isn’t specifically approved. It’s an off-label application but has major successes.
- Safety and Side Effects: As with any procedure, there are potential risks and side effects. Possible side effects could include pain, bruising, itching, or swelling at the injection site. More severe complications might arise if the Botox spreads to other areas.
- Temporary: The effects of Botox are temporary. So, if someone is pleased with the results of Scrotox, they would need to undergo repeated treatments to maintain the effect.
Are you interested in learning more about Scrotox? Call today.
Call to find out more – 239-299-7263